First Home Buyers Information
Understanding your eligibility and requirements when it comes to buying your first home loan is important however not easy. It can be hard to get the right advice and first home buyers information required for your specific circumstances. Hunter Galloway are here to support you through this exciting process so that you can be on the road to setting up your first home buyer loan ensuring that you get the best possible interest rates available.
We also provide further services and assistance such as what to look out for and common first home buyer’s mistakes so that you don’t find yourself in a compromising situation.
Unfortunately as first home buyer’s are often unaware of the processes involved, this means that the deals offered by big banks and some brokers aren’t always in the interest of the buyer and are more sales focused. We were once first home buyer’s ourselves too, so we have been through this before and know exactly how it feels. Due to this first hand experience, we work hard to ensure that we find all of our clients the best rates in their interests.
For checklists, guides and calculators check out our Home Buying Resources.
Where are you in the home buying process?
- I’m thinking about buying (6-9+ months out)
- I’m shopping for a home (3-6 months out)
- I’ve found a home I love (1 month out)
1. I’m thinking about buying a home
- What is your motivation for buying a property?
- Do you plan on staying in the home for a few years?
- Are you mentally ready to start looking for property?
- Are you financially ready, do you have enough savings and emergency cash in place?
- Will a lender think you’re ready?
- How flexible is your timeline?
- ☑️ You have only started saving a deposit, or have less than 5-8% of the purchase price
- ☑️ Your lease has over 6 months left, you are living at home, or aren’t in a rush to move.
- ☑️ You might be changing jobs soon.
- 🏡 The complete First Home Buyers Guide
- 🏡 Am I eligible for the First Home Owners Grant QLD?
- 🏡 What to consider 6-9 months away from buying?
- 🏡 Can you break a lease when you buy a house?
- 🏡 Saving for your first house deposit
- 🏡 13 Mistakes nearly all First Home Buyers make
- 🏡 Understanding how Guarantor Loans work
- 🏡 Get to know the First Home Owner Grant (FHOG)
- 🏡 What is a Pre-Approval?
- 🏡 10 [simple] Tips for Choosing the Best Home Loan in Brisbane ✅ ✅ ✅
- 🏗 Build a House in Brisbane: The Definitive Guide
- 🏡 First Home Super Saver Scheme | Step-by-step Guide
- 🔢 Use the LMI Calculator (Calculate Lenders Mortgage Insurance)
- 🔢 Use the LVR Calculator (Calculate Loan to Value Ratio)
2. I’m shopping for a home
You’ve started shopping for a home, now comes the fun part! At this point you would have moved from thinking about buying a home, to shopping for a new home in the next few months. This is the time to understand your options because having a clear picture will help you determine an accurate budget for your new home. In general if you are at this point you might be 3-6 months away from buying a property.
- Check in on your financial picture
- Consolidate your deposit payment funds
- Talk to our team to get a better sense for how much house you can afford
- It’s time to apply for a pre-approval with Hunter Galloway
- Learn about your financing options
- Practice your home loan payment
- Start researching neighbourhoods
- Try to avoid new credit inquiries and job changes
☑️ You have saved a 5-8% deposit.
☑️ You have a stable income
☑️ Your lease is a few months away from running out
☑️ You need to move cities or are ready to buy a home
- What to consider 3-6 months out from buying?
- How to Research a Home in Brisbane
- Book a Free Information Session
3. I’ve found a home I love
- Know your numbers
- Gather documents
- Get your Verified Pre-Approval Letter from Hunter Galloway
- Understand fees and costs
- Settlement costs and how to lender shop
- Familiarise yourself with the mortgage process
Refresh yourself on the complete First Home Buyers Guide
- What to consider 1 month out from buying?
- How to make an offer on a property in Brisbane
- 11 Rules for Buying at Auction (QLD)
- Book a Free Assessment
Next steps for first home buyers looking for information
Our team here at Hunter Galloway is here to help you buy a home in Brisbane. Nathan & Joshua Vecchio are Senior Mortgage brokers who specialise in making your home journey easy.
Unlike other mortgage brokers who are just one person operators, we have an entire team of experts to help make your home loan journey as simple as possible.
Find out more about first home buyers information here or please get in touch here and we can book a time that suits you – either a phone call information session or a face to face meeting (which doesn’t cost anything for you)