Our clients come first
Hunter Galloway’s mission is to make your home loan application effortless. We build strong, personal relationships with every one of our clients and will work tirelessly to find you the right loan. It goes beyond home loans. Your mortgage is a lifelong commitment, and so is our commitment to you. We are with you all the way – from application to approval and beyond. You will receive a complimentary annual loan review every year, which means that you will never miss out on a better rate.
As a Hunter Galloway client, you can rest easy knowing that we will always have your best interests at heart. With over 10 years of experience in the finance industry, our team of brokers in Brisbane are here to assist you. As a boutique firm, we can give you personalised service that bigger brokers simply can’t match. We pride ourselves on transparency and communication, and no matter what you need – we are never more than a phone call away.
– Nathan Vecchio, Mortgage Broker & Director.
How Our Mortgage Broker Services Can Help You
Hunter Galloway provides loans for clients of all shapes and sizes. We know that finding the right home loan for your needs can be overwhelming, so we do the leg work to compare and contrast all of your options for you. We will sit down with you and review your current circumstances so we can find the right loan for your needs.
We have a portfolio of lenders, which means we can check interest rates across 20+ different financial institutions to present you with the best possible interest rates.
As part of our process, we will provide you with a free credit report so you have a clear understanding of where you stand.
We are confident that we can find you a solution that works for you. Click on the button below to book a free assessment with Hunter Galloway and let us show you what is possible.
First Home Buyers
Looking to climb into the property market but not sure where to start? Check out our guide on how to go from zero to three properties.
Wanting to grow a property portfolio but feel like your bank or existing mortgage broker is holding you back? Download our free guide.
Being a medical professional its hard to find the time to work 50+ hours a weeka nd manage your finances. We make your life easier.
We appreciate our customers’ feedback!
Here’s what some of our customers say about our work.
My mortgage was not your typical simple loan; it required a lot of attention and out of the box thinking. All of this was provided by the team. Both Nathan and Josh worked tirelessly to get the result and outcome that I needed. They are incredibly personable, professional and a joy to work with.
Thank you so much to Nathan, Josh, Jared and the team for everything that they did for us in the process of buying our first house. They truly made it a seamless process. The team were always so on top of everything and kept us in the loop every step of the way. We will recommend Hunter Galloway to everyone we know! Thanks again boys!
I would recommend Nathan team to everyone. They are very professional and efficient. I previously had unpleasant experience when dealt with bank directly. Lucky, found Nathan, Josh and Jared just on time. Through them, bank even offered the loan more than I need. I could not settle this investment without Nathan's help!
These gentlemen came recommended and I was genuinely impressed; the personalized service and very rapid reply to queries and constant updates was impressive as well as the ease with which they performed all the necessary work. They are very thorough and whilst collating paperwork is never much fun, they make it easy and explain why having all in place first is the best method. Very impressed!
We had a really great experience with Nathan from Hunter Galloway. Would definitely recommend him to anyone who is looking for a finance broker. He certainly knows his stuff, and his constant communication during the loan approval process was incredible.
After being stuffed around for over two weeks by another broker - got in touch with Nathan and had a first-home loan approval within 48 hours of speaking with him. First-class customer service and demonstrated wealth of experience. Can't recommend Hunter Galloway enough.
How to Choose the Right Home Loan in Brisbane
Are you planning to buy a house in Brisbane but are trying to find the right home loan for you? If so, there are a number of things you have to understand before finalising any home loan package, including the type of home loan, fixed and variable nature of home loans, fees, and other features.
Types of Loans
It’s important to understand different types of loans because when it comes to finding the right home loan package when buying a house, this information will help you make the right decision
- ✅ Basic Loan – This home loan type only offers a few features and has a low-interest It will not be a suitable option for those who want to make additional repayments.
- ✅ Standard Loan – This loan type offers more flexibility compared to a basic loan. With the standard home loan, you can redraw the money you have paid in and can also switch to a variable rate. In fact, it also allows you to divide the loan into the fixed and variable loan.
- ✅ Home Loan Package – This loan type is cheaper compared to a basic loan type. With this loan type, you get a free transaction account and you are not even required to have an annual fee credit card.
Fixed vs Variable Loan
In addition to knowing about different types of loans available in the market, you must also be aware of the nature of different loan types. This is very important, especially if you want to find the right home loan package.
In a fixed rate home loan, the interest rate remains fixed throughout the terms of the loan, whereas, in a variable rate home loan, the rate changes in accordance with the change in market interest rates.
With a fixed rate home loan, you can stick to your budget without worrying about incorporating the rate fluctuation, but in times of low interest rates, you would be stuck with paying a high-interest repayment. Therefore, when you plan to choose the right home loan, make sure that you keep this in mind as it will allow you to make the right decision for your financial goals.
Interest repayments are not the only cost you have to bear when applying for a home loan, there are other fees involved as well, such as establishment fees, valuation cost, inspection cost, and more. Do not hesitate to ask the lender about all the fees included in a home loan. Asking the right questions will eventually lead to the right home loan package.
Let’s take a look at some of the fees involved:
- ✅ Break cost – When it comes to loans at a fixed rate, they can have high exit fees, especially if the variable rate is lower. If you want to get out of this home loan, you are required to make up for all the lost interest that could be earned by the bank if you had paid higher interest rates till the end of the term. This is known as the break cost.
- ✅ Annual or Monthly Fee – This is an ongoing fee, and is paid on a regular basis. However, the monthly and annual fees also are a contributing factor in deciding how soon will you be able to pay back the loan.
- ✅ Lender’s Mortgage Insurance (LMI) – This cost is charged by the lender to ensure themselves should the borrower default on a loan. It is normally charged if you have less than 20 per cent of a deposit.
- ✅ Valuation fees – This is a fee charged by a lender for the property valuation. You may have to bear this cost even if the loan does not get approved. Inquire whether you meet the requirements for the loan before submitting an application.
- ✅ Application fees – Lenders can also ask for an upfront application fee and an establishment fee. You can talk to your bank and seek a discount or ask them to waive it altogether.
Being aware of these charges is very important for you to be able to find the right home loan. It will help you prepare yourself beforehand to be able to meet all the financial responsibilities that come with finding the right home loan in Brisbane.
Hunter Galloway Mortgage Brokers have helped hundreds of home owners.
communication was superb and the whole process was hassle free…
We have dealt through Mortgage Choice and also directly with CUA and your service was better than our previous experiences. I will be using you again and again in the future! Thank you for all of your hard work!
– Isaac, Home Loan, Brisbane
5 Star Reviews