I’m SUPER excited to announce the release of the First Home Buyer Hub.
What is it?
The First Home Buyer hub is a free library of 30 + resources that cover everything you need to know about buying a home… including knowing if now is the right time to buy, how to find the best home loan, negotiation tips, checklists and lots more.
In other words:
It’s a one-stop-shop for anyone looking to buy a home in 2019.
You can check out the brand new First Home Buyers Hub right here:VISIT THE FIRST HOME BUYERS HUB
Why I created the First Home Buyer Hub
When I first bought my first home, I wondered things like:
“Can I actually afford a house?”
“Is now a good time to buy?”
“What’s the best way to find a good home?”
“What happens after I find the right place?”
“How do I even make an offer on a house?”
And to find the answers to these questions, I had to sift through dozens of articles and videos.
That’s when I thought to myself:
“Wouldn’t it be great to have ONE place that people could go to learn about buying their first home?”
So, that’s exactly what I set out to build.
200+ hours of writing, 40,000 words, 20+ custom checklists and guides later, the First Home Buyers Hub was finally complete.
Here’s How It Works:
The First Home Buyers Hub is broken down into 9 core topics:
- Know Your Budget – Here’s where I’ll show you how you can go from “clueless” to “clued in” when it comes to knowing how much you can really afford. It goes beyond just plugging a few numbers into an online calculator…
- Buy at the Right Time – We’ll tackle the two fears of first home buyers: FOMO and it’s lesser known cousin FOJI (fear of joining in). We’ll review the causes of both fears and you’ll go from being unsure about when to buy to know exactly whether or not now is the right time for you to buy a home.
- Get the Right Home Loan – I’ll show you how to go from just having a budget and a deposit to something far more real: a pre-approved home loan. This will have you geared up and ready to start your property search without the underlying stress of figuring out how you’re going to finance your home in the middle of negotiations.
- Set Up Your Search for Success – I’ll show you how to turn your property search from a random mess into a structured framework which will filter out the time-wasters and let the cream of the property crop rise to the top. This will save you time and energy, allowing you to focus on choosing the best option from just a few top candidates.
- Value accurately – In this section, I’ll show you how to get the most out of your inspections. Instead of cluelessly wandering around and focusing on the superficial things (like how nice their garden is, or how you really like that couch), you will come armed with a checklist of important things to check on your own inspection, and know when to call in the professionals to get their opinion.
- Do your Research – Now its time to show you how to accurately value your property. You won’t need to pick a number out of thin air, or just aim for a number within 10% of the asking price. Instead, you will learn how to quickly and cheaply get a valuation on a property, which means you will come to the negotiation table armed and ready.
- Make an Offer – You’re going to learn how to make an offer on a property. Instead of worrying if you’re underbidding or overbidding, you’ll come to the table confident that you’re making an offer that is a fair price. When it comes to negotiation, you’ll know all of the tricks they use (and have a few tricks of your own) so you can make sure that you come out on top.
- Buy at Auction – I’ll show you how to buy at auction. We’re going to turn the auction process from something stressful and scary into something fun. Instead of getting overwhelmed and getting outbid (or even worse, overbidding and being stuck with something you overpaid for), you’ll come to the auction prepared with a winning strategy.
- Finalise Settlement – We’ll cover the settlement and handover process. You’ll know exactly what to expect after your offer has been accepted and you’ll be prepared for a smooth settlement and property handover.
What Do You Think?
I’d love to hear what you think about the First Home Buyers Hub.
Specifically, I’d like to know:
What’s the #1 thing you want to learn about buying a home right now?
Also, I plan on adding more resources to the hub soon.
So let me know if you have any topic ideas or suggestions.