I am so thrilled to share with you the ultimate hack to getting FREE RP Data reports.
This hack is going to allow you to get quick information on your property’s previous sale prices and a total property report on any property.
Instead of paying $40, with this hack, you’ll pay nothing.
I repeat… NOTHING!
The reports give an estimated value and full property details with recent other property sales in the area and suburbs statistics to help you gain insight towards average sale prices in the area.
If you jump onto CoreLogic RP Data, you can see that under Property Reports, the standard cost is $40. Don’t pay $40 for a report when you could instead spend it on dinner somewhere delicious!
Now one thing I’ve got to mention is that this free report is much briefer than the information that RP Data gives (i.e. RP Data will provide you with 18 recent sales in the area, this report will give you 3 to 4). However, it’s still super useful and up-to-date with the most recent information.
Now it’s time to get ready and grab your phone (Apple or Android, we’re not biased here) and we’re going to go step by step through exactly what you need to do to get your free property report.
Step 1: Go to the App Store and search for BOQ Properties
Open the App Store or Google PlayStore and search for BOQ Properties. The app is by Bank of Queensland.
Now hit download.
Step 2: Click on Find a Property
It’s that simple! But if you can’t find this, click on the top left-hand corner and you’ll get all of the app options.
Step 3: Type in Property Address
Once you’ve clicked on this, all you need to do is type in your property address. Suggestions will come up underneath and choose the one in the correct suburb.
Now you can flick through the photos, see how many bedrooms and bathrooms it has, and read about the necessary details of the property.
Step 4: Email Report
It’s time to get your full property report. Click in the bottom right-hand corner on EMAIL REPORT for your full property report about this particular address.
Step 5: Fill in your details
Next, the app will ask you if you’re a BOQ customer, which you don’t need to be.
I ticked ‘NO’ to every single question (i.e. do you want newsletters, do you want to be contacted) and went straight ahead to get my free download sent directly to my email.
Step 6: Get your report (check spam)
I waited about 15 minutes and entered my email three times only to realise that my report was waiting for me, in my spam folder! Once you’ve received it via email, you’ll be able to download your pdf which is about your specific property.
You can see that it’s got an auto valuation estimated range, images of the property from above, and all details of the property.
You can also see data about three other properties in the area to give you an idea about the price of yours.
Now you can see that down the bottom of the first page, the document is endorsed by CoreLogic (RP Data) therefore this information is coming straight out of its system, pretty cool!
But what I love even more is that it gives you suburb statistics too. You can see Paddington, QLD’s suburb statistics below.
It’s that easy.
You can access the report straight from your phone, or open it on your PC. However, you like.
Cheers Bank of Queensland for the free property report!
And of course, if you’re serious about buying a property, reach out to us for your free RP Data report, waive that $40 and spend it on something you like!
Bonus: Best Property Apps For Homebuyers In 2022
Buying a house is expensive, so you have to do your research beforehand. The following apps will help you with valuable information:
- Herron Todd White Monthly Review Report. Herron Todd White is one of Australia’s largest valuation firms. They do roughly 1 in 2 valuations across Australia. This means there is a high probability that Herron Todd White has done a valuation on the home you want to buy, sell or refinance!
- Walkscore. Walkscore is an amazing resource that gives you a good idea of the property and the amenities around it.
- RP data report. This is a tool that a lot of banks use for their internal valuations. This tool is very useful in estimating property prices, especially when real estate agents don’t list the property price. RP data gives you comparable sales, which will help you negotiate the property price. We can do a report for you for free. Get in touch with us here.
- DSR data. DSR data is very powerful. It gives you more detail than the Herron Todd White report. DSR will give you a rating out of 100 to let you know if the market is in equilibrium or not. They even give a little commentary!
- Microburbs. This is a property report on steroids! It can tell you if there are development applications in your suburbs. It can tell you what the neighbours are doing and some detailed investor data.
The Flight Path Tool. This mostly applies if you are buying in Brisbane. It shows what impact if any, the new runway in Brisbane is going to make on your property.
Get your property search moving today
If you are looking to buy a home or refinance, our team at Hunter Galloway can help.
I’m Jayden Vecchio, and our team here at Hunter Galloway helps first home buyers with navigating the home buying process.
What we do is make it simple to get through the home loan process, and with our team of experts, we will help walk you through the process to either buy your home or look at refinancing and building equity.
Our service does not cost you anything as we are paid by the lender when your home loan settles.
To chat about your deposit, lending and first home ownership options book in a time to sit down with us, or feel free to call on 1300 088 065.
More Resources for home buyers
- First Home Buyers Guide from start to finish
- How to Buy a House 🏘 (Step-By-Step Case Study)
- Using your Superannuation to build your deposit: The Complete Guide to the First Home Super Saver Scheme
- How to save for a house deposit (fast)
- Build a House in Brisbane 🏗 The Definitive Guide
The information on this page is general in nature and should not be considered as advice. Before you act on this information you must seek independent legal and financial advice.