With Melbourne Cup fast approaching and Christmas 8 weeks away we have been seeing increased pre-approval activity as buyers make a last minute dash to buy a home before the end of the year! 🏇🏇🏇
Speaking of Melbourne… Did you know Queensland overtook Victoria to become the most popular destination for people moving within Australia in the 12 months to the end of March?
That’s good news for property in Queensland, so this month we look at three indicators that should give you confidence in Brisbane’s housing market, an FBI Hostage Negotiators guide to Negotiating a Property Purchase (hint: you don’t need to train at Quantico 🚨 to learn his secrets!), Five Simple Tips to Give you a Smooth Property Settlement and show you a sneak peek into Brisbane’s newest rooftop bar.
- Brisbane Property Market Update
- An FBI Hostage Negotiators Guide to… Negotiating a Property Purchase
- 5 Simple Steps to a Smooth Settlement
- Brisbane’s newest rooftop bar
…and remember to check out our First Home 🏠 Buyers Guide, Definitive Guide to 🏗 Building a Home in Brisbane, see if you qualify for the QLD First Home Owners Grant and 7 Ways of Creating Home Equity Faster ⏫.
3 Signs Brisbane’s housing market is on the up
While Brisbane’s property market has been much slower than Sydney and Melbourne over the past few years dwelling values reached a record high in September.
All indicators are suggesting that the Brisbane property market has the potential for significant growth over the next three years, due to:
- ✅ Queensland leading the nation in net interstate migration over the past year – With a net interstate migration gain of 24,000 and population increasing overall by 1.7 per cent to 4.9 million!
- ✅ Shorter selling times, with properties selling within 37 days (compared to 52 days last year)
- ✅ Property vendors are discounting their asking prices less, down 5.40% (compared to 6.90% in September 2017)
A Step-by-step guide on Negotiating the Property Purchase Price
As former FBI Hostage Negotiator Chris Voss says, our life is a series of negotiation.
We negotiate every day in our lives, negotiate with our kids to go to sleep early, to negotiating for a better salary all the way to negotiating to buy a house.
When you are buying a house, everything is negotiable… So we take you through the steps on How to Negotiate a House Price with a Real Estate Agent.
- 1. Negotiation Fundamentals
- 2. House Price Research
- 3. Know the Sellers Motivations
- 4. Get your ducks in a row
- 5. Amazing Contract Terms
- 6. Prepare your counter offer
- 7. Negotiating house price after building inspection 🔥
- 8. Be ready to walk away
- Bonus #1: Common Negotiation Mistakes
- Bonus #2: Get insurance right away
5 Simple Steps to a Smooth Settlement
You might be in the process of looking for a home, or still searching – but what do you do once you’ve signed a contract of sale?
Brisbane’s newest rooftop bar
Perched atop the Pullman Hotel in Brisbane, Sixteen Antlers is one of Brisbane’s newest rooftop bars. I think this is going to be another Friday afternoon favourite (sorry Fridays and Jade Buddah!) that is definitely worth checking out!
If you’re thinking about buying, book in an Information Session with one of our Mortgage Brokers.