Only a month until Christmas… But we got an early present this year with the Hunter Galloway team being recognised as both Queensland and National Finance Brokers of the Year for 2018 🏆🏆!
The award was presented by the Finance Brokers Association of Australia and chosen out of 8,500 mortgage brokers across Australia.
We are incredibly humbled and honoured to receive these awards.
Thank you firstly to you, our customers for working with us over the past few years. And secondly to our team Dean, Tash, Jared and Mary for all the hard work throughout the year!
This month we are looking at:
- Multiple offer Situation: 8 Tips to make your contract stand out 🌟
- First Home Super Saver Scheme | Step-by-step Guide 🎉
- What is Genuine Savings?
Multiple offer Situation: 8 Tips to make your contract stand out 🌟
In a marketing that is heating up, it is quite common to have multiple people bidding on the same property… But what can you do in this situation to make sure you get ahead of the other bidders?
We explore ways to get your offer ahead, without having to pay extra!
- 1. Move the Settlement Date
- 2. Increase your Deposit Amount
- 3. Have your finances in order
- 4. Sharpen your Finance Period
- 5. Drop the Building & Pest
- 6. Play roundup
- 7. Write a Personal Letter
- 8. Don’t get caught up
Read More: Multiple Offer Situation
First Home Super Saver Scheme | Step-by-step Guide 🎉
The First Home Super Saver Scheme was introduced in the past year to help first home buyers with getting into a home quicker. Unfortunately, you need a maths degree to understand how it works and how to use the FHSSS…. so we break it down really easy step-by-step in this guide.
- 1. First Home Super Saver Scheme Basics
- 2. How does the First Home Super Saver Scheme work?
- 3. Who can apply for the First Home Super Saver Scheme?
- 4. How much can you save using the first home buyer super saver scheme?
- 5. First Home super saver scheme calculator
- 6. How do you pay extra money into my super for the FHSSS?
- 7. How do you withdraw money from the FHSSS?
- 8. How long does it take to get funds released from the First Home Super Saver Scheme?
- 9. Is there a time limit to use the funds released from the FHSSS?
- 10. What happens if I do not use the FHSSS funds within 12 months?
- 11. What are the risks with the FHSSS?
- Bonus #1: Can the FHSSS be used with the $15,000 First Home Owner Grant?
- Bonus #2: What do the banks consider as genuine savings?
What is Genuine Savings?
These days if you are buying a home and have less than 15% deposit you need to show genuine savings, or savings that you have put together yourself… Good news is there are a few different ways around this so we break it down nice and simple in this guide.