Special Home Loan Offer for Nurses
Nurses qualify for discounted interest rates and an LMI waiver up to 85% LVR
This would save $5,168 on a $500,000 purchase in Queensland, see how much you could save.
Our reputation and achievements
Don’t risk having your home loan declined
We know the banks inside out
Our brokers have seen all sorts of mistakes in the past! With their level of experience, they know the problems you may face on your loan application and how to mitigate them when applying with a specific bank or lender. We have a wide range of lenders on our panel and our brokers intimately understand their credit policies.
Reducing risk of rejection
We can do this through our own internal credit assessment process which we complete before applying with any lender. Our team has its own internal Credit Manager who reviews each application before being submitted to the lenders, meaning we won’t apply with a lender who won’t approve your loan.
Your Mortgage Broker?
What home loan discounts do nurses get?
Nurses are entitled to extra home loan discounts if your borrowing is over $250,000. The actual interest rate discount is going to depend on a few factors including:
The larger the loan amount, the larger the discount.
The less deposit, the higher the LVR. The higher the LVR, the higher the interest rate
Most banks offer larger discounts to Nurses who are on their professional packages. Hunter Galloway has arranged to have Nurses’ first-year professional package fee waived, saving up to $400 in the first year.
Why do I need a broker if I can get a loan through my bank?
Compare these two options when refinancing your loan
Refinance with Hunter Galloway
- We take extra time up front to go through your full situation and provide a complete lending solution.
- Our brokers will look at your needs now and into the future, to make sure you have the best possible loan that looks after all of your needs.
- A mortgage broker acts on your behalf to arrange a home loan through a bank or lender. Australian banks and lenders have different policies and loan requirements, and it is a brokers job to find a loan from one of these parties that fit with your individual situation.
Apply directly to a lender
- You might have a situation where your bank will approve a loan for you to buy a block of land and then not approve the construction loan when its time to construct a house on it!
- Quite often bank policy can be set in stone, and due to the complexity bank staff quite honestly don’t know it nor do many mortgage brokers Brisbane. They are not familiar with complex situations and how to correctly assess them. This can sometimes cause it to take quite a long time to process your application and even in some instances mean your loan will get declined for no good reason.
How much does it cost to use a broker and your services?
Our services are completely free for all home and investment loans. We get paid by the lenders for doing the work, collating your loan application and meeting with you. This work would otherwise be done by a bank manager or branch lender so you get access to the same rates as if you went to the lender directly.
The advantage for you is that unlike when dealing with one bank, we can help you work with a wider variety of lenders and get the best options that work for you choosing from our panel of over 30 banks and lenders!
Would you like to learn about your options?
Case study: Luke and Molly
Luke and Molly were able to save $5,033 in LMI and and secured a home loan discount of 1.86%
Luke and Molly had been renting for the past 3 years and saving towards buying their first home. They had aimed to save a 20% deposit to avoid paying lenders mortgage insurance but their lease was coming up for renewal and their landlord approached them to buy the home from her. They only had around 15% deposit saved up and didn’t want to pay LMI.
We looked into options for Luke and Molly, and given Luke was a Nurse we could have the LMI waived based on an 85% loan. This saved Luke and Molly $5,033 in Lenders Mortgage Insurance and helped them get a home much quicker!
Google reviews of our customers
Hunter Galloway Mortgage Brokers have helped hundreds of home owners.
We have built a brilliant reputation for being extremely well organised, helpful and making the home loan process as smooth as possible
My mortgage was not your typical simple loan; it required a lot of attention and out of the box thinking. ... All of this was provided by the team. Both Nathan and Josh worked tirelessly to get the result and outcome that I needed. They are incredibly personable, professional and a joy to work with.
3 weeks ago
These gentlemen came recommended and I was genuinely impressed; the personalized service and ... very rapid reply to queries and constant updates was impressive as well as the ease with which they performed all the necessary work. They are very thorough and whilst collating paperwork is never much fun, they make it easy and explain why having all in place first is the best method. Very impressed!
3 weeks ago
Thank you so much to Nathan, Josh, Jared and the team for everything that they did for us in the process of buying our ... first house. They truly made it a seamless process. The team were always so on top of everything and kept us in the loop every step of the way. We will recommend Hunter Galloway to everyone we know! Thanks again boys!
3 weeks ago
We had a really great experience with Nathan from Hunter Galloway. Would definitely recommend him ... to anyone who is looking for a finance broker. He certainly knows his stuff, and his constant communication during the loan approval process was incredible.
3 weeks ago
I would recommend Nathan team to everyone. They are very professional and efficient.I previously had unpleasant ... experience when dealt with bank directly. Lucky, found Nathan, Josh and Jared just on time. Through them, bank even offered the loan more than I need. I could not settle this investment without Nathan's help!
3 weeks ago
After being stuffed around for over two weeks by another broker - got in touch with Nathan and ... had a first-home loan approval within 48 hours of speaking with him. First-class customer service and demonstrated wealth of experience. Can't recommend Hunter Galloway enough.
3 weeks ago
Lenders on our panel
Questions and Answers
How much can a nurse borrow?
The following are different thresholds for nurses when it comes to borrowing:
- 80 percent of the Property Price – If you borrow 80 percent of the total value of a property, you may not be required to pay LMI. But you will need to show a 20 percent deposit, for example, you need to have $200,000 as a deposit amount if you wish to borrow $1,000,000 at an 80 percent loan to value ratio.
- 85 percent of the Property Price – Lending criteria will not be strict and LMI can be waived for Nurses if you wish to take a loan of 85 percent of the property price based on the criteria below.
- 90 percent of the Property Price – If you are able to meet the requirements of a lender, you can also get a 90 percent loan to value ratio. For that, you must repay the debt on a timely basis, must have a 10 percent deposit, stable job and income stream, and good credit history.
- 95 percent of the Property Price – To qualify for a 95 percent loan to value ratio, you need to have a reasonable salary, stable job, good credit history, minimal debt, and you should not be purchasing an unusual type of property in a distant location.
- More than 95 percent Loan to Value Ratio – If you go for Guarantor home loans, there is also a possibility of getting a home loan that equals 105 percent of the property value. It allows you to avoid LMI payments and you do not even have to fulfill any deposit requirements.
What deposit do I need?
You need to have a minimum deposit of up to 5 percent of the property value and an additional 3-5 percent will be required to meet other costs related to your purchase. The other costs include LMI, conveyancing fee, government fee (stamp duty), etc.
In case of an insufficient deposit, there are other home loan packages as well, including guarantor home loans.
How much does Lenders Mortgage Insurance cost?
The cost of Lenders Mortgage Insurance is based on a sliding scale.The lower your deposit, the more the lenders mortgage insurance costs. The higher your deposit, the less lenders mortgage insurance costs.
- Loan Amount ($)
- LMI cost @ 85% ($)
As you can see, having no LMI up to 85% avoids costs of up to $9,146.
How do nurses get no Lenders Mortgage Insurance?
So many lenders consider nurses to be low-risk professionals. This is the reason why most nurse practitioners qualify for waived LMI.
To qualify for over 80 percent, however, you have to meet additional requirements that are as follows:
- The borrowing amount should not exceed 85 percent loan to value ratio
- The loan size should not be more than $1,500,000
- You hold a good credit rating, with no defaults
- You have a stable job and a reasonable stream of income
- You have been in your current job for over 2 years
- You are looking at purchasing a home
Can I get a home loan if I’m on probation?
It can be a little bit more challenging to get a home loan on probation, but it is still possible. You may still be able to borrow up to 95% of the property value as long as you meet all other standard bank lending criteria. This includes having a clean credit history.
We recommend applying for a home loan only if you’re certain that your employment is stable.
Will lenders consider my overtime income?
Lenders will typically consider only 50-80% of overtime income for regular borrowers, which can significantly reduce your borrowing power. Since nurses are essential services workers, some lenders will accept 100% of your overtime income.
In order to have 100% of your overtime income considered, you’ll need to provide the following:
- An employment letter confirming that you have been receiving overtime income regularly for the past one or two years
- Two of your most recent payslips
- Your most recent group certificate
Will lenders consider fringe benefits as income?
In many cases, nurses receive a portion of their income in the form of fringe benefits. Many lenders make the mistake of including your fringe benefits as taxable income. This can greatly reduce the amount you’re eligible to borrow.
Luckily, there are some lenders that consider this income as tax-free income. Talk to one of our friendly brokers at Hunter Galloway to find out which lenders will do this for you.
Will the banks consider second job income?
Of course! Being a nurse, it is very common to have a second job to increase your income. This can be from another hospital, or even in another field like aged care or as a trainer.
If you can show that you have a 6-12 month work history with your second employer and have been earning a regular income, some lenders will accept 100% of your second job income. Otherwise, they may only consider 50-80% of your second job income.
To use this income you will need:
- Your 2 most recent payslips
- Your most recent year’s PAYG group certificate
FBAA & Credit and Investments Ombudsman Membership
Award winning Mortgage Broker in Brisbane
As members of the Financial Brokers Association of Australia (FBAA) and the Credit and Investments Ombudsman (CIO) we must uphold the highest level of excellence when helping clients with their finances. The members of each organisation must meet a minimum standard in experience, education and ongoing training to maintain membership each year and as active members, we commit to upholding these standards, ensuring we maintain their high levels of compliance, integrity, and professionalism with all of our mortgage clients.
Valuation issues & credit scores
One of the most common issues we see is with valuations and shortfalls which can ultimately stop your property journey before it even begins. We can order free upfront valuations with many of our lenders, meaning we can find out what your bank thinks your property is worth way before applying with them.
From experience, we know that ordering a valuation prior to applying for a home loan makes sure your credit file doesn’t get damaged from having multiple enquiries.
We can provide free valuations and also a copy of your credit file so you know where you stand way before applying for a loan with the banks!
Complex Credit Policy Pitfalls
Each lender and bank in Australia has a unique credit policy, meaning while some will accept your full income, others may not allow it due to their policy.
Quite often bank policy can be set in stone, and due to the complexity bank staff quite honestly don’t know it nor do many mortgage broker Brisbane. They are not familiar with complex situations and how to correctly assess them. This can sometimes cause it to take quite a long time to process your application and even in some instances mean your loan will get declined for no good reason.
With banks making their policies more and more complex it becomes more important to correctly package, and assess your application before it is even lodged with the bank – showing the banks all of the strengths of your home loan application and making sure it fits all of their policies.
At Hunter Galloway we have our own in-house credit team and we make sure your application is going to fit with the bank each time.